Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Red Series by Alice Clayton


The Red Series
by Alice Clayton


The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead #1)
ebook, 252 pages

The Redhead Revealed (Redhead #2)
ebook, 228 pages

AKHIRNYA… selesai juga baca dua ebooks inih… ya oollloohhh… I guess these two are quite hard to finish… while quite attracted at the same time, intrigued to know the ending…

I keep pend to write the review the first book, soalnya penasaran banget pengen tau penyelesaian buku dua, because [hell… ] there's nothing in book one, it's only merely an introduction I guess… kaya' satu buku dipecah jadi due… and the author knows better to attract us to read the second book... :D

dan karena udah tau bakalan ada buku 3, I know the ending would be just somekind of bridging or connection to the third book, but I satisfied that it wasn't and the ending was just fine… :)

the story is about Grace Sheridan (33 years old), a comeback stage actress who fell in love a new hit young actor, a British, Jack Hamilton (24 years old), 9 years younger… :D

and because I love Wallbanger so much, and though Wallbanger is her later book than these two, I can't help but comparing… and Wallbanger is so much better then these two… and the first book is actually the author first published book, I guess… so no wonder…

the book tells so much about Grace, she is the main character afterall, and everything goes just by her pespective, I hope Jack has more part on story… I don't know how to put it in the writing… but I think, it makes the story unbalanced if we just tell the story from one side view of the story…
I, personally, need to know more about Jack's feeling…

and it is dragging… you know… berasa keseret aja sama perasaaan si Grace, her happiness, her worries, her insecurity… not that the story is not good… it's just super boring… to my opinion…

and I know why it's boring for me… because it tells us about the ordinary feeling we would feeling in the relationship… you know… the feeling after we have the relationship, it's just cooling down… it's different when the feeling before we really connect, gimana sih ya ngomongnya… penasarannya itu lho… the feeling of wondering, is he feeling the same the way we feel about him? that kind of feeling…

the first book tells about how they met, how they have the relationship, and it ended when Grace is leaving to New York to have her play in Broadway… so they have an LDR going on…

the second book tells about how Grace was coping with her insecurity of being so much older than Jack and about other possibility of having a come back fling with Michael O'Connell, who's her bestfriend and crush back at college…
when Grace finally realised that all she wanted is Jack, they just come back to each other, even though Jack is having an affair with unknown blonde… she just eliminated the thing and had him…

at that point, I wonder, could I do the same?… of course, everything will have different situation going on… but if I'm in her shoes, would I just forgive and forget my man mistake? I really can't tell…

it's maybe Grace is already know what she's missing… and didn't want to risk an opportunity to having him back… because she loved him enough too, I guess…

and I aggree with the book, that Jack is so much mature comparing to his age… he loved Grace so much, and he's true with his feeling…

the book tells so much about the press in Hollywood's life, about the fans Jack have... I guess that would be the same with other actors, about how they criticized the ages gap, about the friendship between Grace and Holly...

overall, the book is okay… I'll recommed it if you have the patient to go a long with the story, after all many readers love them… so I couldn't say otherwise… and I can't tell right now, if I want to read the third book…

I gave the first book 2 out of 5 stars
and I gave the second book 3 out of 5 stars

what am I going to have read next, I need an exciting story to live up my life… whatever that would mean! :d

No comments:

Post a Comment