Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Game Plan (Game On #3) by Kristen Callihan

The Game Plan (Game On #3)
by Kristen Callihan


ARC, Kindle Edition, 323 pages
Published November 1st 2015


A beard-related dare and one hot-as-hell kiss changes everything.

NFL center Ethan Dexter’s focus has always been on playing football and little else. Except when it comes to one particular woman. The lovely Fiona Mackenzie might not care about his fame, but she’s also never looked at him as anything more than one of her brother-in-law’s best friend. That ends now. 

Fi doesn’t know what to make of Dex. The bearded, tattooed, mountain of man-muscle looks more like a biker than a football player. Rumor has it he’s a virgin, but she finds that hard to believe. Because from the moment he decides to turn his quiet intensity on her she’s left weak at the knees and aching to see his famous control fully unleashed. 

Dex is looking for a forever girl, but they live vastly different lives in separate cities. Fi ought to guard her heart and walk away. But Dex has upped his game and is using all his considerable charm to convince Fi he's her forever man.

Game On​


It's the third book of the series, I've read the first one and looking forward to read the second one, because... I guess Grey is more feisty... ;-)

Anyway... although the series supposed to be about the football player as the main character, as on this one is Ethan Dexter. I think the story is more on the heroine, Fiona Mackenzie. I think it's because Dexter is so reserved, too deep... sometimes it's hard to get pass of his wall...

Well, I guess I don't know what to say about the book, except that I really enjoy it. I want to give it 5 stars, but I settled on 4.5 stars instead. I think it's because I kind of not getting with the tittle, what's it the game and who does the plan?

Spoiler warning might be appropriate, though I don't want to talk about the story... You must all read it by yourself, because it's good and I'm sure you won't regret it...
I really want to share my feeling on Fiona's indecisiveness regarding of leaving her jobs and her habit of changing interest. I share her feeling, it's so me but unfortunately with not so much luck on the subject.

It's very good that Fiona has passion on design and build of wood furniture that actually makes money. But for me... I'm so undetermined, at one point I felt so in the comfort zone, so lazy to even start to do what I want to do.
That's why I'm so envy of Fiona, who's done her bit and have it as a reserved safety net when she needed to get out.
Even for her, it needs courage and bravery. I love her for that.

I always admire the heroine who know her dream and willing to make efforts to get it, to achieve it.
I want to have the same courage, the same fighting spirit to the things I want to do.
And the thing is... why not, right?

So, thank you so much Ms. Kristen Callihan for making such a great story. I love your works and I've become one of your big fans.

XOXO


http://www.kristencallihan.com/
https://www.facebook.com/KristenCallihan
https://twitter.com/Kris10Callihan

No comments:

Post a Comment