Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Score (Off-Campus #3) by Elle Kennedy

The Score (Off-Campus #3)
by Elle Kennedy


ARC, Kindle Edition, 350 pages
Published January 11th 2016 by Elle Kennedy


He knows how to score, on and off the ice 

Allie Hayes is in crisis mode. With graduation looming, she still doesn’t have the first clue about what she's going to do after college. To make matters worse, she’s nursing a broken heart thanks to the end of her longtime relationship. Wild rebound sex is definitely not the solution to her problems, but gorgeous hockey star Dean Di-Laurentis is impossible to resist. Just once, though, because even if her future is uncertain, it sure as heck won’t include the king of one-night stands. 

It’ll take more than flashy moves to win her over 

Dean always gets what he wants. Girls, grades, girls, recognition, girls…he’s a ladies man, all right, and he’s yet to meet a woman who’s immune to his charms. Until Allie. For one night, the feisty blonde rocked his entire world—and now she wants to be friends? Nope. It’s not over until he says it’s over. Dean is in full-on pursuit, but when life-rocking changes strike, he starts to wonder if maybe it’s time to stop focusing on scoring…and shoot for love.


~* MY REVIEW *~

This is the third book of the series, I love the first one, the second one also still makes me love Ms. Kennedy so much... but this one... I guess it's my least favorite one...

I love Allie Hayes... I think I really can understand her situation... because after we're in a really long time relationship with someone and then we don't, we'll loose grip... and want or need so bad to cling to something... Something that can be destructive or constructive...

But Dean Di Laurentis? I don't know...

I don't know why he did what he did... although of his story, that he's affraid because he's still felt that he's responsible with what happened with his ex-girlfriend... I guess it's just an excuse...

I don't get the feeling the way I got from the previous books... Maybe because for Dean, everything seems to be all ready for him... Law school and then being a lawyer like his parents and brother... And also because everything seems to be easy for him... Yes, he did do something for this school... but then he's smart, so not so much work to do... This situation then bring him to the point that he seems like he doesn't have anything to pursue...

And also I don't get the attraction from Dean side to Allie... I can (again) understand Allie's point of view or rather feeling of being with someone like Dean... I guess she's just can do nothing, obviously... with all the charms... ;-)

But Dean? Why? Or rather how? Yeah, Allie is beautiful, Allie is smart... but why then? Then don't do friends before and then don't really talk with each other also before...

Am I being stereotype here? I guess I am, because I can easily see how easy for Allie to fall (maybe because I'm also a girl and just like I said previously that I can understand her position), but I really don't get Dean's side of story...

He has so much, I have explained that... yet, why Allie? Because she said no so much? Hahaha... not a really good answer...

Anyway, lets leave the mystery there... Maybe if you also read the book, then you can tell me your theory...

I still love the story, I gave it 4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment