Sunday, December 23, 2012

Blood Red Road by Moira Young


Blood Red Road (Dust Land #1)
by Moira Young

Paperbacks, 417 pages
2011

finally finished reading the book, I was buying it in Changi Airport, Singapore on last March 2012, on my way back from business trip… it's my sister in law wanted an English book to read for practicing her English, and I thought the story looks great… at the time, me with the excitement of Hunger Games trilogy is interested by the comment on the cover of the book that it will satisfy the cravings of Hunger Games fans - MTV

but when I try to read it… wow, the English is so weird… with different words from the way they should be, this book definitely not a good reference for someone to learn English, therefore I bought my sister "The Land of Five Towers" by Ahmad Fuadi instead, which is an Indonesian author's book got translated to English…

now, let's get to the book… I really can't tell where the story headed… it's a great story and I gave it 4 out of 5 stars…

setting on the future (I supposed), the world is different from the world we know now… and there are not so many people anymore… or the description is not really clear…

the story is actually very simple, the finishing is also very simple… though there's still some actions going on…

the characters are all great… there's Saba, our heroin, so stubborn and willing to do anything to free her twin brother, Lugh…
and also of course there is Jack, the super cute guy she came across…
there are a couple of great friends, their sister, Emmi, who gets trouble all the time but actually always the one who makes the story interesting…
there are Ike, Tommo, Epona, Ash and Maev
also, I'm looking forward to meet DeMelo who sets Saba free… he's an interesting character too...

the story begins when Lugh is kidnapped by the bad people, the Tontons and their crazy King… on the way after her brother, Saba got caught and forced to fight in the cage, there where she met Epona and Jack, when Maev the leader of Free Hawks helped her to escape, she rescued Jack…

it's her heartstone necklace that some kind of give her a sign that Jack is her heart will… it gets warm when she near him…

so with her sister, Emmi and Jack, they got going trying to rescue Lugh, along the way, Epona & Ash tugged along, and they also got help from Ike & Tommo and the rest of Free Hawks and some other free people also came to help…

eeehhhmmm… my english is so weird…

terusin pake bahasa indonesia aja yaa… :d

ceritanya seru, and I instantly fell in love with Jack, walaupun akhirnya gantung gitu… mungkin emang sengaja, supaya pada penasaran trus baca buku duanya… (--")
tapi aku emang pengen baca buku duanya sih… tapi gak sekarang…

tapi ceritanya juga agak aneh… agak sedikit gak konsisten… mungkin karena gak pengen munculin terlalu banyak karakter, tapi… it's so much coincident that the Pinches is the King's father and mother… eeerrrr… so weird!

trus katanya rajanya ini sangat berkuasa, dan Tonton sangat hebat… tapi koq gampang banget ya dateng ke Freedom Fields (daerah kekuasaan yang katanya dirahasiakan dan dijaga ketat), gak ketauan sama sekali… haaalllooo hebat dimananya? :d

karena dari awal bukunya dijejerin sama trilogy Hunger Games, mau gak mau emang jadi ngebandingin… jadi menurut aku sih, klo dari sisi details cerita, setting cerita, latar belakang, Hunger Games jauh lebih bagus… Blood Red Road ini banyak loop-nya… and I don't get the title at all… >.<

yang aku suka dari buku ini adalah karakternya, lebih hidup… walaupun Saba orangnya keras kepala banget, kadang kasar, tapi she is so live, she had feelings… beda banget sama Katniss yang jauh lebih dingin...
and have I said that I fell in love with Jack? he's so cute and brave… keren banget… klo di Hunger Games, Peeta gak hebat, but he has a big heart… and Jack? he just left because there are something he must do, man got to do what a man got to do… (--")

so… lets see the second book, Rebel Heart, quite a cheezy title… baca beberapa review, sepertinya bagus… walaupun kaya'nya Jack cuma muncul sedikit di buku dua… mungkin bakalan jadi cinta segita ya? sama DeMelo…
I hate love triangle… but it makes interesting story… >.<

the next reading is A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon - again by reading some reviews it doesn't really good, since I have bought it because I thought it will be good, then I won't expect much out of it…

Happy Holidays to all of you readers… :) <3



ps. please pray for me that I'll win the Wallbanger ebook - I'm really looking forward to read this one :D

No comments:

Post a Comment