Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Raven (The Florentine #1) by Sylvain Reynard

The Raven (The Florentine #1)
by Sylvain Reynard


ARC, Kindle Edition, 416 pages
Published February 3rd 2015 by Berkley

it's good that I have read The Prince, therefore I have a little knowledge of him when I started to read The Raven...

Raven Wood is an American art historian and restorer working in the Uffizi Gallery, in Florence Italy, where the Botticelli illustrations have gone missing mysteriously... it's just that so coincident with her bad luck, the robbery happened when she also went missing for a week... therefore, she become a suspect of the crime... though nothing can link her with the crime...

However, what happened next... made her acquaintance with the real story behind the robbery... and what happened to her in her week of missing...

I don't want to give away too much... because when I do, then I will tell you everything so that no point of you to read the book, and I don't want to do such thing... I want you all read the book and enjoy the story as much as I did...

I love it so much... I love the way of the author describe Raven as her-self, and create the un-skin-deep beauty heroin... or even better create a handicap heroin in this case... and show that it may takes an immortal to see beauty beyond our skin... but we do have beauty beyond skin deep... and we of all the perfections is a handicap more or less with something that we don't possess...

Although, the Prince reminds me so much of Professor Gabriel, they two differ in certain qualities... Sometimes... I feel that the Prince is a little bit lonely... desperate and guilt...

And very much, that I like this story, I guess the Gabriel's series has built better foundation of story than this one... but perhaps it's because this only the first instalment, and there are other things to tell in the next books... I hope so...

Nevertheless, I love the story very much and I can't wait to read the next and the next... hopefully soon enough... :3

Have I mentioned that I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars for this? ;-)

And I also still waiting very patiently for my printed copy from Book Depo... they have sent me a couple of emails said the book is on its way... very long journey it seems...

No comments:

Post a Comment